The NCAA’s outreach and education efforts related to initial-eligibility requirements are in full swing. These efforts focus on both Division I requirements for prospective student-athletes enrolling on or after August 1, 2016 and Division II prospective student-athletes enrolling on or after August 1, 2018. The following materials, which have been made available to community college and non-scholastic athletic communities, will assist students and parents with the initial eligibility and college selection processes.
- Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete- The Guide is a highly comprehensive tool, that has been designed to help you understand the NCAA initial-eligibility process and to prepare student-athletes for transitioning from high school to becoming an NCAA Division I or II student-athlete. http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/CBSA15.pdf
- Eligibility Center Quick Reference Sheet- A complete breakdown of the NCAA Divisions I and II initial-eligibility standards. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Quick_Reference_Sheet.pdf
- New Academic Requirements Document- This document discusses the new academic standards for student-athletes enrolling at a college or university on or after August 1, 2016. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Important_New_Rules/New_IE_Rules.pdf
- Path to the Student-Athlete Experience Video Presentation (for Students)- A Prezi presentation designed for high schools to provide to students and parents concerning the initial-eligibility process. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Your_Path_Presentation_for_Student-Athletes.pdf
- New Academic Standards PowerPoint- http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Important_New_Rules/High_School_IE_Standards.pdf
Also, In an effort to spread the word about this important new information, we are pleased to announce that the NCAA has an initial eligibility course available through NFHSLearn.com that has been made available free of charge! Please visit NFHSLearn.com and take 30-45 minutes to complete the Initial Eligibility course, which will familiarize you with the new academic requirements, as well as the NCAA Eligibility Center’s registration and certification process required for college-bound student-athletes. Additional resources are available for parents and prospective student-athletes. Those informational materials can be found here. I look forward to speaking with you again soon.