The VC women's tennis team earned their first win of the young season with a 7-2 decision at Cypress Tuesday afternoon. Bailey Sindle (No. 1 singles) and Lea Meschke (No. 2 singles) each came from behind to post 3-set victories and also won together in No. 1 doubles. Luciana Muheison and Theresa Doal won in Nos. 5 and 6 singles while Allie De Marco and Muheison earned a point in No. 3 doubles.
Sindle fell behind 2-6 after one set before winning the second 6-3, and the tiebreaker. Meschke also fell behind, 3-6 in the first set, and won the second set 7-6 and prevailed in the tiebreaker.
Muheison won in straight sets at No. 5, love and love, while Doal won four and six in No. 6 singles.
The Pirates continue Western State Conference play on Thursday Feb. 16 hosting Victor Valley at 2:00 pm.
1. Bailey Sindle (VC) def. Alyanna Soriano (Cyp), 2-6, 6-3, 10-8
2. Lea Meschke (VC) def. Andrea Velasco (Cyp), 3-6, 7-6, 10-8
3. Alyssa Powell (VC) lost to Tiana Cung (Cyp), 6-4, 6-1
4. Allie De Marco (VC) lost to Kristen Ojeda (Cyp), 7-5, 7-6
5. Luciana Muheison (VC) def. Candace Ngai (Cyp), 6-0, 6-0
6. Theresa Doal (VC) def. Khanh Duong (Cyp) 6-4, 6-1
1. Sindle/Meschke (VC) def. Cung/Soriano (Cyp), 8-2
2. Megan Fleming/Powell (VC) def. Velasco/Ojeda (Cyp), 8-6
3. DeMarco/Muheison (VC) def. Ngai/Esther Park (Cyp), 8-2