The VC women's tennis team continued their warm-up for community college competition Friday traveling to NCAA Division II Biola University in La Mirada, falling 7-0. Both Sylvie Van Cott and Erin Gaynor were battling in Nos. 1 and 2 singles when the match was called in favor of the Eagles.
The Pirates next travel to Western State Conference foe Antelope Valley on Tuesday April 20.
Ventura 0, Biola 7
1. Van Cott/Gaynor (VC) def. Emery/McNeil (BU) 6-1
2. Thompson/McClain (VC) lost to Fager/Swaney (BU), 6-0
3. DeRosa/Zegers (VC) lost to Carvajal/Kitts (BU), 6-0
1. Sylvie Van Cott (VC) down to Colbey Shae Emery (BU), 6-2, 2-1, DNF
2. Erin Gaynor (VC) down to Gaby Carvajal (BU), 6-2, 2-0, DNF
3. Victoria Zegers (VC) lost to Madison Swaney (BU), 6-0, 6-0
4. Tanya Thompson (VC) lost to Amelia Kitts (BU), 6-0, 6-0
5. Alyssa McClain (VC) lost to Brooke Fager (BU), 6-0, 6-0
6. Isabella DeRosa (VC) lost to lilly McNeil (BU), 6-0, 6-0